As his American Jobs Act stalls in the Senate, President Barack Obama met with his council on jobs and competitiveness. The council also gave an interim report to the President with 5 major incentives on creating jobs while increasing competitiveness. The five incentives were,
- Measures to increase investment in job rich projects in infrastructure and energy.
- A comprehensive drive to increase entrepreneurship.
- A national incentive to invest in jobs from domestic and foreign companies.
- Ideas to streamline project approvals and simplify regulatory review.
- Steps to ensure that America has the talent to fill job openings.
An interesting number to look at is #5 that would focus on possible education. President Obama could also argue his temp. working program where you gain experience as a way to have citizens learn the skills for jobs that are open.