Fox News has let go of host Eric Bolling, roughly a month after he was suspended while the network investigated claims of sexual harassment against him. The Huffington Post first reported those allegations.
The network also announced Friday evening that it cancelled The Fox News Specialists, the show that Bolling had developed in the wake of Fox News’s line-up shuffle. Fox News had already announced earlier Friday that the Specialists would not air on Monday due to Hurricane Irma coverage. Co-hosts Katherine Timpf and Eboni Williams are remaining with the network as contributors, according to a network spokesperson. Roughly an hour after the network announced the cancellation, the Twitter account had already been deleted.
“Fox News Channel is canceling The Specialists, and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably. We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck,” a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement.
In the short and long-term, the question becomes what people fill the roles Bolling had at the network. The 5 PM timeslot will focus on news in the short-term and have rotating anchors. Bolling’s Saturday show will also have rotating anchors. Bolling also regularly co-hosted Fox News’s All-American Years Eve and a network spokesperson said that the hosts will be announced later in the year.
Bolling signed a long-term contract in June of this year. At the time, Fox News president of programming Suzanne Scott said in a press release, “His insight is valued and we are pleased to have him at the network for many more years to come.”